Our Accessibility Goals
Helium is committed to making digital products and services accessible to everyone. We’re constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users. As part of our accessibility policy we:
- Follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA for our website.
- Leverage testing technologies such as Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (WAVE) provided by WebAIM and axe by deque.
- Conduct accessibility evaluations against the guidelines through development processes.
- Engage people with disabilities to understand their experiences and incorporate improvements to reduce obstacles.
Using This Website
There are a number of features on this website that you can use to navigate and engage with the content. You can:
- Use browser preferences to adjust colours, contrast levels and fonts
- View the website with a variety of screen sizes and orientations
- Zoom in without affecting the layout of most content
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard, including being able to easily bypass repetitive menu links via a skip to content link on all pages
- Navigate the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to the website using a screen reader such as NVDA or VoiceOver
- Reduce or prevent most animations
- Enable closed captioning on videos
How Accessible Is This Website?
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Portions of the eCommerce system rely on third-party tools that can present issues to users with screen-readers hearing statuses.
- Some PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen-reader software. Contact us if you wish to request an alternative version of PDF content.
Feedback and Report Accessibility Problems with This Website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page, think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, or would simply like to receive something in a different format to support your needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All issues and queries that are submitted are sent directly to our development team and we aim to respond to all issues and queries within 1-3 working days.